• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Update of Gondor2 resource pack

We can use them in all rps, but so far there are not more than 7 door textures in the other packs. We are planning to have custom inventories for all packs. But first we need to finish this Gondor pack.

I think most of the entities are now due to the spamming of paintings (and also itemframes) in some interiors I was bored and counted about 450 houses in Dol Amroth which is a lot obviously. With most of them having a lot of paintings (I saw a lot of people use the drawer and kitchen type paintings) which is not wrong at all but those might be causing lag aswel. Though this is just a thing I noticed, I have no idea how many paintings there are exactly.
If it's really painting causing the most lag, and regarding the fact 1.13 will give us many (from the things i saw in the snapshot over 700 new solid full blocks from noteblock and mushroom block blockstates) we could make "drawer block" which basically would be a regular block with the painting's texture on one side. Just an idea for now, it would require some more investigation on whether it's really the paintings causing the most lag, else it probs is not worth the change.

If it's really painting causing the most lag, and regarding the fact 1.13 will give us many (from the things i saw in the snapshot over 700 new solid full blocks from noteblock and mushroom block blockstates) we could make "drawer block" which basically would be a regular block with the painting's texture on one side. Just an idea for now, it would require some more investigation on whether it's really the paintings causing the most lag, else it probs is not worth the change.
I did talk to Eriol, he told me paintings wouldn't cause too much lag. However I think there are many opertunities with those new blocks that we can use to make more textures and such.

Itemframes are more problematic. I've seen a lot of use of them for chairs. I remember some time ago when I was ruining in moria and was quite laggy for me due to chairs in a dinning room. After getting rid of them, it was smooth again.

Also, I think i saw prismarine blocks still default in g2 pack and they could be used for some furniture textures and then all the tudor blocks.

Last edited:
Paintings have only one polygon, signs has six, an empty itemframes has 14 polygons and unarmored armorstands have 60 polygons including their stand and arms. Paintings, itemframes and armorstands are all entities and has to have their positions calculated. Signs are entity blocks simmilar to chests and have thus a defined static position. And this is all based on my own observations so please correct me if I'm wrong on some point.

Monster spawners I haven't really looked at yet but I'd guess they have the same polygon count as a vanilla glass block (6) plus the polygons of the entity displayed inside.

I did quite extensive tests to compare mob spawners with armorstands displayed and just armorstands. Results were not clear, for some players mobspawners were more laggy and for others free armorstands.