• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Welcome to MCME (Introduction Thread)

• Ingame Name: OminousSteam
  • How did you find out About MCME: I remember seeing a few videos about some Middle Earth in Minecraft thing a year or two ago, but then I just watched Jesse Cox's video the other day and was reminded about the awesomeness of MCME. I wanted to join when I first discovered MCME, but it was some whitelist thing I didn't understand at the time and was too busy to make an effort haha. But now I'm back~
  • What are your interests / Studying / you do for a Career etc: I really love drawing and languages. Although it's not a career, I do portraits of people and get paid (usually haha). But LOTR has always been part of my life, my mom used to read parts of the book to me when I was young and I saw the movie shortly after it came out. But yeah, that's me basically ^^

Ingame name: DSESGH

How'd you find us: Google searches for a Middle Earth minecraft map. I was convinced when I saw one of the Jesse Cox videos (didn't know he was a famous youtuber) and MilkTheMoose's series.

What are my interests: I am an artist, so I obviously love building stuff in minecraft. I think most people consider me as being pretty good, if I may say so:p If you need advice on your building, you can usually ask me (along with a lot of other people), unless it's really bad: in that case you should look at builds on the build server and get ideas from those. Then I can help you;)

In my actual life I play piano, alto sax in marching band, and mandolin, and enjoy all of them. I'm very interested in physics, and would one day like to pursue it for a career.

Ingame name: DarthRagnar (duh?), currently a Ranger on the server

How'd you find us:
Searching for inspiration for my own possible LOTR-related builds

What are my interests: Sports (American Football & Football), Magic: The Gathering, music (singing & some guitar), watching TV, and drawing. Career wise I went to university and graduated with a degree in History. I currently work for my state's historical society at a local historical site.

Ingame name: Finrod_Amandil (designer), aged 20, living in Switzerland

How'd you find us:
After years of Singleplayer MC gaming I finally joined a german server and thought, 'hey thats kinda fun!'. Very soon later I came along a video of a Rivendell built in Minecraft, I think the video wasnt even about MCME, but then the idea jumped to my mind 'hey theres for sure a Minecraft Middle-Earth server somewhere on this planet...' Ten seconds of Google search and 1 day of whitelist pending later I joined the server on 1st of january 2013 and since then I won't do anything else in minecraft.

What are my interests: Fun fact: I never read LotR completely. I tried several times by now but I got always distracted by another Tolkien thing... The first time it was a book about elvish languages and even though my interests in languages is fairly low elsewhere this got my number 1 interest. By now I have an own website where I translate stuff into elvish for everyone and I also more and more often get contacted by larger companies to translate stuff for them into elvish (e.g. making an elvish music project)
Beside elvish and other Tolkien lore I mainly am a passionate drummer in 5 different orchestras/band and I even got the opportunity to do my obligatory military service as military drummer.

Last edited:
Ingame name: aaldim Artist/Developer

How'd you find us:
Searched google for "Minecraft Lord of the Rings map" and came to mcme's planetminecraft

What are my interests: Programming, I'm making all sort of web apps and also learning languages such as Java.
I play guitar for almost 5 years and have a weekly lesson.
I also love reading Tolkiens' books,
Read everything by him, including all the Histories of Middle-Earth.
Also learning Elvish at the moment :D

Ingame name: wyliewylie (for those of you that don't know, that's my last name repeated twice for no reason really, so just call me wylie :)
How'd you find us: Random searches on youtube back in 2011. I found a pretty crappy video on it by some guy who had no clue about anything on the server (forget his name), he was also using the default minecraft texture pack lol. I cared enough to seach for more and I found Jesse Cox's first video on here so i applied for whitelist!

About me: I am 16 years old living in a small down in the GTA (greater Toronto area) in southern Ontario. Main interests are music. I love music to death, I play guitar and I am mostly just into metal although i do enjoy other stuff too!
Other than that, I just like to hang out and have a good time. Also... Video games and Epic Fantasy movies and books.
I also do call of duty videos on youtube as a hobby although I don't really take it too seriously.
If you're new, feel free to say hi to me, I always like helping out new guys (as long as you're not really rude or something)
:)

• Ingame Name: Rcpopcornman (But you can call me RC or Popcorn or Popcornman or a combination of previous)
  • How did you find out About MCME: I was looking for pictures of Rivendell and found one that didn't not look quite right then I realized it was Minecraft. I of course had to find the server and so here I am.
  • What are your interests / Studying / you do for a Career etc: I have a BS degree in Kinesiology. I do not currently have a job due to medical issues and I like Tolkien, Star Trek, Firefly, Tabletop games, and video games, as well as triathlons, running, and biking when I was able. Happily able to still swim at least.

• Ingame Name: Ginrai (pronounced Jin-r-eye) you'll probably end up calling me Gin, most do.

• How did you find out About MCME: I specifically looked up a Middle Earth minecraft server and here I am.

• What are your interests / Studying / you do for a Career etc: I'm currently enrolled at the University of Leeds studying English. I'm interested in all things gaming including pretty much every genre except racing. Aside from that I'm an avid reader and watch far too many documentaries.

• Ingame Name: eningly
  • How did you find out About MCME: first found the first video from jessie but the last 1 took me over to join
  • What are your interests / Studying / you do for a Career etc: i am a student in web applecations and i have a passion for being in a band and mosly i watch good amarican series.

Ingame Name: devdog3531, you can call me whatever you want, my real name is Chris. For anyone that ever gets curious (probably not), I was a US Marine a few years ago, so devil dog and my MOS was 3531, or Motor Transportation Operator (Truck Driver).

How I found out about this place: Ive played solo Minecraft for a couple years and got interested in doing larger builds, I was looking up various MC builds of Minas Tirith and typed the famous last words into Google, found a video by some guy named Jesse Cox about Rivendell and Helm's Deep. (That's the only video of his that Ive ever watched, other than this last one he did here).

Interests/Studying/Career: My interests vary widely, I am a Star Wars nerd, StarTrek nerd, CS Lewis Fan, and LotR fanatic. To date Ive read LotR, the Hobbit, the Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales Pt 1, and The Lays of Beleriand. I read every piece of fantasy fiction and medieval literature I get my hands on: Drizzt Do Urden (my hero), Sword of Truth Series, Robert Jordan, Once and Future King, Beowulf, etc. I am self teaching myself programming, and will hopefully end up at college somewhere for my degree. I love to write, and can do so at English professor levels. I also love every form of math, and logic. Spacial Geometry is a specialty of mine. I currently work as Assistant Store Manager at Dollar General.

Ingame Name: firefuss. But please, for the sake of the feelings of other "thin-skinned" players, don't ever, ever, ever, EVAH
AngryKitty.jpg

call me "fire".

You can call me fuss!

How'd you find us?: Was goofing off one day with nothing to do. I was actually doing some cleaning at my house and listening to the LorR soundtrack. After I had finished and the music had ended, I went looking for other videos of LotR stuff. I saw the Moria expo video and literally bought MC just to play on MCME. I never actually played single player MC until the first MCME survival server. The rest is history.

What are your interests?: This server obviously. I've been a fan of the books since, well since before a lot of you guys were born. (Im older than you, NOT old!) I enjoy the movie versions too, despite their "lore inaccuracies" that others whine about. I enjoy to play the guitar, lift heavy metal objects off the ground, fish, hunt, hike, bike. I start softball practice for the new season with my team at work tomorrow. I also am a person blessed to LOVE HIS JOB! Im a firefighter, and I've been witness to (and sometimes a part of) some crazy azz schite!

To give just a little taste, here is the soon to be next story for my book... short version

I got punched in the face by a 7 year old girl, I almost got mauled by a doberman pinscher while crawling through a doggie door, and I ate 11 jalapeno peppers just so I didnt have to pay for dinner. All in one 24 hour day!

I decided to do this too, because I'm fairly new to the community.
I'm Natália, from Brazil. I joined the server on July 5th this year and I was welcomed so well in my first days. Thank you @Shenjtor and @DynoDaring64!
This server is so full of awesome people. And it is really the best community I've ever been in (we have @speeder45 after all :p). It's amazing to get to know other Tolkien fans from all over the world and do something constructive with them.
So I only look towards contributing more and more to this beautiful community and its ambitious purpose. You can expect me to stick around!
BTW, my other interests are basically reading and creating digital artworks that you can see here and here.

Thank you for that heartfelt introduction! It makes me so happy to hear how friendly our community is! While I don't do what I do for the recognition, I apprechiate that I have left that kind of legacy. I look forward to getting to know you better, Lady. And I love meeting all the new people who come to our community for sight seeing, or are true Tolkien fans like myself. I'm thrilled to have returned, and I have a lot of catching up to do.

Thank you, Lady!

~speeder45

Name: yodog_117 call me yodog, annoying, dog, yod, anything that i will recognize.
How did I find MCME? I found it 2 years ago searching for Middle Earth builds, I didn't think I was old enough to join. (I think there was an age limit and I was 12) But I joined back in january and loved it since

Interets: Reading (LoTR and other books) Minecraft, Anime.

Hi, i' angus , or Ryan it's your choice (long story...)

i found out through mcme though youtube (aswell as minecraft!)

i am a all round nerd. i am only 14 ao i am still in school, so you wont see much of me, but when i am on i will help were i can!

Name: speeder45
Alias: Stig Burgundy, Professional Race-car, News Anchor, and general narcissistic status maker of MCME.
How'd I find MCME: I didn't, it found me.
Interests: Making bad jokes, race cars, tours, and anchoring the news.

tumblr_lnwy9d0X5u1qh2mpqo1_500.gif

Last edited by a moderator: