• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Your Opinion on New Moria

In What Way Should We Build Moria on the New Map?

• Copy from old map, just change the scale

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Total revamp of Moria

Votes: 37 88.1%
  • Who needs Moria?

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another idea would be to place Moria in the very southwest corner of the main map (into the Great Sea). It then would be in the same world and to find it there by accident you'd have to cross thousands of blocks of water.
We could do this but we would have to do se fancy chunk loading stuff to make it seamless.

Moria is generally not done in my opinion. Old tables, chairs, furniture, magazines with weapons, are missing. General design is of the tunnels is not very good - tunnels should be bigger so we can add some better decoration to them. I think the best way would be building moria as a new, colonized place and then ruining it.

I think his point is that Moria feels like it was a city inhabited by dwarves, as opposed to just a series of long tunnels connecting huge empty halls. Also it would be cool to have locations such as the place where the balrog was discovered.

I think his point is that Moria feels like it was a city inhabited by dwarves, as opposed to just a series of long tunnels connecting huge empty halls. Also it would be cool to have locations such as the place where the balrog was discovered.

Wouldnt that place be the new mine?

Yeah, I think they were called the Barazinbar Deeps. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I guess that name stems from an uncanonical source. The biggest bit of Moria knowledge provided is LotR and for such a big and important place its almost nothing. But that may not even be a result of lesser interest of Tolkien for dwarves but rather to emphasize the secretive nature of the dwarves (this is only an assumption ofc)

an idea for the mountains. someone built this in minecraft (mount everest)
VLwkw5i.png
EDSfoR0.png
JSglWjo.png
Iix27gA.png
!!!!

Wait ... We don't need mountains
P.S. : everest looks pretty flat with minecraft height limit that's sad :( very impressive though :eek:

Having traveled through Moria for the first time only yesterday, I have to say I'm not very educated to weigh in on this subject.

However, I feel that a warp in the west and east gates to a new world is definitely worth it when you consider you could build Moria on a much larger, taller, and more complex scale. As @Lord_Boreale mentioned, this is an ancient dwarven city. We don't know numbers, but I would imagine a very large amount of dwarfs lived there, and would require more housing type areas, barracks/garrisons, markets, etc. As well, the current build is very one directional, where as in reality there would be way more tunnels. Perhaps grid-like for housing areas, and things like mine-cart tracks from mines to the forges, quickshot tunnels to quickly get around the mines. A lot of that would be up to Artists interpretation, so I'll leave it in their hands.

tl;dr Full Rework.

Allthough that is absolutely amazing you have to keep in mind that that mountain goes from 0 to 256 and spans (what appears to be) several hundred blocks. If you were to load this up in a world it would just look like plains with a slight incline. Not a majestic mountain. 50% of the way it looks is in the way the picture is taken :'(.

With this in mind we can't do something like this on our map. Perhaps we'll be able to replicate mountains like that on a smaller scale. Though that takes a lot of work, time and dedication.

Status
Not open for further replies.