• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Lamedon

Tree root fixing again. Thanks to @Nitato_ @Darki190 @NEEPcrafter @qnypiv and @elios2405.
full

Lamedon
/warp Rendul
/warp lametemp
/warp Erech
/warp calembel

Project Leader: _Luk
Reserved Leader: Eriol
Project Staff: fire

Introduction:
Lamedon is one of the Regions of Gondor. It's capital was Calembel. There isn't much lore about it. So we will probably make up own one, or take ideas from MERP. Also it one of the more Populated Regions of Gondor, so many Villages, Farms, and smaller Towns will be made. Also due the being there of Lords, 1 or 2 castles aswelly, you shouldn't expect to many tho.

Background Lore

Lotr-Wikia

Lamedon was a region and fiefdom in southern Gondor.

Lamedon was a series of valleys lying south of the White Mountains. Its chief town was the city of Calembel, where Aragorn and the host of the Dead camped during their journey to Pelargir during the War of the Ring.

The river Ciril flowed south through Lamedon.

Tolkien Gateway
Lamedon was a region and fiefdom in southern Gondor; a series of valleys through which the Ringló and Ciril rivers flowed south.[1] It was one of the most densely populated regions in Gondor. At the time of the War of the Ring its lord was Angbor.

During that war, Angbor did not send any soldiers to Minas Tirith during the initial assault, as he chose to defend instead the southern city of Linhir, which rested near the mounds of the river Gilrain.[1] He held off the Southron assailants coming from the Harad and the Haven of Umbar for a long while. The only men Minas Tirith received from Lamedon were some scattered hillmen without a captain.[2]

At the time Aragorn passed through Lamedon with the Grey Company, the Army of the Dead drove forth the assailants from Linhir, though the staunch defenders fled as well. Angbor alone remained and braved the fear of the Dead. Then Aragorn bade him gather his folk and follow them. The Grey Company departed first, and by the time Angbor joined them with all the horsemen he could muster, the Corsairs of Umbar had been driven forth, and the Dead released. Many of the men of Lamedon, as well as soldiers from Lebennin and various other southern fiefs, came in ships to Minas Tirith, where they bore themselves bravely in battle. But Angbor, leading four thousand, went by land, coming to garrison Minas Tirith after the hosts departed for the Black Gate and the ensuing Battle of the Morannon.[3]

Planning:
View attachment 2170

Concept Art:
View attachment 2171
View attachment 2172

View attachment 2173

Stages:

1) Planning
2) Terrain

• Rivers
  • Mountains
  • Hills
3) Building
  • Castles
  • Cities
  • Villages
  • Farms
4) Bug fixing

Adventurer Jobs

• Rootfixing
  • Farms
  • possible Plotbuild
  • (Placeholder)
Feedback is Appreciated
I'm signing up

ok when is the project
Projects on MCME are usually quite large and take some months to finish.
Lamedon project is about to create all the terrain, rivers, villages and castles in a quite large region of Gondor. It was started on July 6th by @_Luk and is progressing since then. It's hopefully finished within the next 1-2 months.

Still not finished :/

What is left in Lamedon (beside the not started areas):
full
  • Add some pine /aspen trees north of Arassalath > match to Mountains of Lamedon (4)
  • Finish fields south of rendul (planting, grassing, randomizing) (5)
  • Randomize fields around /warp Tree's Hollow
  • Voxel grass all over Lamedon
  • Make a Flower concept for:
    • wet places near rivers
    • plains
    • forrests
    • hilltops
  • Voxel Flowers according to concept above. I would use: /b sover cm d1 s500 g1 r1 with brush size around /b 15 (use valley north of Erech for example)
  • Place and fix bushes on hilltops (2) and edges of forests
  • Add some more trees at the hillsides north-west of calembel (3)
  • Voxel grass /flowers along Ciril and Ringil (6)
  • Place and fix bushes along River Morthond (south of rendul) (1)

Project Update:

It has been a while since I last updated this.
Lets get Lamedon back on Track.​

1okObu5.png

Mining / Richer Village (running) :

This Village is located in a Valley inbetween Mountains, it became rich through the selling of rich ores which can be found there, thats also why they could build a Watchout Castle at the Entrance of the Vale.

Current Jobs:
Houses (Artist)

Watchout Castle (onhold) :

A Castle at the Entrance of the Vale. We gonna add a few Houses there for the Workers.

This will be updated on more regular bases now.

Cheers, Luk

Hey all, a quick Lamedon Update:

So for past week, and after my glorious return to Designer (thanks for kind messages), I’ve been assisting @_Luk with this mining village in northern Lamedon.

Progress is coming along nicely, with pics of the area below.

The lower lands running up to the village. Agricultural styled dam above the farmland, created by myself and mr @bobingvar
a5B44Oz.png

Front view of the village so far.

8MApPJy.png

Forestry above: it's getting there, though a lot more diversity required = more trees and bushes to be added.

RiEgGB9.png

A noticeable build is the central tower in the village, that is based upon a Peel tower located in the Scottish Borders, Smailholm Tower, only 15 miles away from my IRL house :3.

Our Peel Tower (WIP):
SfNAYQh.png

Our reference, Smailholm Tower:
smailholmfromsouth-450.jpg

Info Link about Smailholm Tower: Smailholm Tower - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Peel Towers like these were used as a fortified house for the settlement around, meaning they were practical living quarters for the richer members of a settlements, but can also be used as a defence against raids. If you are interested in this, I’d highly recommend border reivers history of the Scottish Borders: Border Reivers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For our middle earth version, we hope to give the idea that the tower the purpose of a defence for the village, in the event that the settlement is ever attacked.

Upcoming jobs to expect:

Adventurers:
Road Jobs - Village and into the mountains
Mines - Diggy diggy! Well its a mining village, we gotta have some mines? Style of mine tbc, will talk to @_Luk
Root fixing - as we make the area all natural, expect derps that will need to be fixed.

Artists:
Final houses to be built - Go nuts, but sensible nuts.
Adventurer jobs as above.

Designer:
More variety of trees to be implemented, as well as continuation to fix terrain.

Good to be back guys, and will keep you updated xoxox

PLOTBUILD OPEN!
FgRMKEh.png

Eyyyyyyy, attempt 2 with the plotbuild shizzle. This time we are working on the mining village in Lamedon. (Apologies if this is a load of garbage, writing this at 5am)

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Please match the styles of the other houses found in the village. You will see that there is a variation of styles found in the village. If you are struggling with originality, i’d suggest you go with this:
YajF3V7.png

I will be continuing to build these as well, so feel free to copy me as I go!

As you will see in a few plots, you’ll see one wool outline in pink, and an other in blue. That means that they are 2 individual semi detached houses. (2 houses, 1 connecting wall)

P5HxPQc.png

To start:
/plot warp lamedonvillage

Please remember that anything off topic will be removed, and you will be referred to an enforcer.

Any more questions about the style of housing, simply message myself or @_Luk in-game or on forums.

If you have any questions regarding the plugin, id suggest you ask @Ivan1pl or @Eriol_Eandur. I'm still getting used to the plotbuild plugin myself, so apologies if Ive derped a couple of the plots. Just try your best and we can work it out

Remember the plotworld commands are:​
  • /plot info: Displays the link to this post!​
  • /plot list lamedonvillage: Without a specified plotbuild lists all running Plotbuilds along with number of free plots. Click at the plotbuilds to get a list of all plots there.​
  • /plot warp lamedonvillage Teleports you to a plotbuild or a specific plot number of that plotbuild.​
  • /plot claim:
    When standing inside an unclaimed plot, claims the plot. This gives build permissions inside the plot and displays the player name on a sign at the plot. Can not be used when the plotbuild is private.​
  • /plot invite <player>:
    When inside a plot and user is builder of that plot, adds player to the building team of the plot. Both players then can build inside that plot. Sign is updated with all player names. Maximum of players in a building team is 8. After that every player of the building team can invite other players.​
  • /plot leave:
    When standing inside a plot and plot is owned by multiple players, leaves the building team, which would then allow the leaving player to claim another plot. If plot is owned by only one player, command fails and suggests to use /plot unclaim instead.​
  • /plot finish:
    When inside a plot and user is builder of the plot, the plot is marked as being finished / ready for check and notifies staffs of the plotbuild. It is required to mark a plot as finished before it is possible to claim another plot.​
  • /plot unclaim:
    When inside a plot and user is the only builder of the plot, unclaims and resets plot. For resetting see notes on /plot clear.​
Any questions, let me know​

Smith.​

The northern village in Lamedon is nearly complete, with all houses built with interior. Thanks for your help, artist and adventurers! Just some last tweaks in places and a general inspection of build quality. Work will now move to the valley east of it.

The name of the village has been decided by @_Luk and I as Smailholm, as the peel tower located in the village is based upon a rl tower named that. Smailholm sounds enough like a lore styled name to fit its purpose.

Will let you know of upcoming jobs in the next valley soooooon :)

The northern village in Lamedon is nearly complete, with all houses built with interior. Thanks for your help, artist and adventurers! Just some last tweaks in places and a general inspection of build quality. Work will now move to the valley east of it.

The name of the village has been decided by @_Luk and I as Smailholm, as the peel tower located in the village is based upon a rl tower named that. Smailholm sounds enough like a lore styled name to fit its purpose.

Will let you know of upcoming jobs in the next valley soooooon :)
I really like the town Smailholm, with its stewdam and nice style, only, maybe we could reconsider the name Smailholm? I often inspire my builds from irl, and I think it is okay to inspire names from irl, as Tolkien did that himself as well. But using the name of an irl place and from which the main building is inspired as well, is perhaps a little too much? I have come up with a possible alternative name: Ossarnen. It is from MERP (Middle-earth Role Playing): Setmaenen . In MERP it is a mining town in Lamedon on the slopes of the White Mountains, just a Smailholm.

NEW Lamedon House Plotbuild!1!!1!

gKSMb5D.png

Hey all, @_Luk and I have moved onto the next valley of Lamedon, and we are looking for people to build some more houses. The houses are pretty similar to the previous village, but please follow the style of the concept house (marked with a sign).

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
To start:
/plot warp lamedonhouses

Please remember that anything off topic will be removed, and you will be referred to an enforcer.

Any more questions about the style of housing, simply message myself or @_Luk in-game or on forums.

Remember the plotworld commands are:
  • /plot info: Displays the link to this post!
  • /plot list lamedonvillage: Without a specified plotbuild lists all running Plotbuilds along with number of free plots. Click at the plotbuilds to get a list of all plots there.
  • /plot warp lamedonvillage Teleports you to a plotbuild or a specific plot number of that plotbuild.
  • /plot claim:
    When standing inside an unclaimed plot, claims the plot. This gives build permissions inside the plot and displays the player name on a sign at the plot. Can not be used when the plotbuild is private.
  • /plot invite <player>:
    When inside a plot and user is builder of that plot, adds player to the building team of the plot. Both players then can build inside that plot. Sign is updated with all player names. Maximum of players in a building team is 8. After that every player of the building team can invite other players.
  • /plot leave:
    When standing inside a plot and plot is owned by multiple players, leaves the building team, which would then allow the leaving player to claim another plot. If plot is owned by only one player, command fails and suggests to use /plot unclaim instead.
  • /plot finish:
    When inside a plot and user is builder of the plot, the plot is marked as being finished / ready for check and notifies staffs of the plotbuild. It is required to mark a plot as finished before it is possible to claim another plot.
  • /plot unclaim:
    When inside a plot and user is the only builder of the plot, unclaims and resets plot. For resetting see notes on /plot clear.
Any questions, let me know

Apologies for the lack of updates, @_Luk has been busy with organising the awards, and my internet has been pretty intermittent (should be fixed now). Work continues on the new village and areas on a variety of aspects.

I will be starting a new plotbuild just above the village for quarry equipment and towers, will be small, but still something to for adventurers to do!

Plotbuild: nearly complete, last houses need checking/fixing.

Terrain: I've been concentrating on the meadows to the north east of the new village, get frolicking guys!

Terrain works now concentrating north of the village, you will find a ribbon lake voxelled in. Detail is the next step here!

So upcoming jobs/things to do:

- Road Jobs!
- Final houses to be complete
- Root Fixing.
- Quarry Plot-build
- Farm and barns.
- Detailing and vegatation stuffs!

And more to come..

Well the Lamedon quarry plotbuilds I set up are already completed! Thanks everyone who built one, work will now focus on details such as stone piles, equipment cabins and quarry stuffs.

probably will be removing a few cranes too haha