• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Metal (Music)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some great stuff here. I was surprised to see stuff like Taake and Wintersun. I'll have to binge-listen later.
Seeing as it's a Minecraft Middle-Earth forum, I'll put a track from my gateway metal album: Blind Guardian's Silmarillion concept album Nightfall in Middle-Earth.

And here's some Arch Enemy (death metal):

Ensiferum (viking metal). Already posted but I like this song:

Kamelot (power metal):

Samael (industrial metal?):

Last edited:
Dissection - Black/Death Metal

Enslaved - Black Metal

Demonaz - Black Metal

Gorgoroth (With Gaahl) - Black metal
I personally like the lyrics to this one. "He, who sits in the dark. Is the bringer of light".

Mayhem fest yesterday was so sick.

Upon a burning body - killed it, great circle pit.

Darkest hour - killed it as well!

Mushroomhead - awesome, the dudes were crowdsurfing as well

Veil of maya - we were right up front for them, it was great headbanging and just jumping with the crowd.
Especially to the song unbreakable.

Miss may i - killed it as well, also got to meet them.
Surprisingly they had the biggest circle put out of all the bands

Suicide silence - unfortunately, by this point i felt a little sick from moshing and lack of food so i didnt feel up to suicide's circle pit. They were great though.

Cannibal corpse - even after getting food i began to feel worse so unfortunately i had to sit out of most of their set. What i did see was great though, wish i couldve joined that pit.

Trivium - because these dudes were on the main stage, we had to walk over from the side stage area so i missed the first few songs of their set. :(
Still caught "dying in your arms", "strife". "Black" "we are the fire" and the epic finally "in waves"
Somewhat of a weak crowd as well because i guess not ewryone had arrived.

Korn - really good! Not really a korn fan at all but they killed it.

Avenged sevenfold - holy crap it was epic, crazy crowd as well. I wouldve liked it if they had played more older stuff or had played longer :(
But it was incredible regardless.
Almost easy is such a killer live song.
They also played a little piece of heaven.

I didnt watch the other bands due to breaks and food and singings and stuff.

If you live in an area whee the mayhem fest is coming to, i highly recommend going.

Really? I encourage you to explore the genre more for sure, but if you truly arent into heavier stuff, then you should stick to newer avenged and Maiden haha
Wouldnt really consider LP to be metal, although i do enjoy some of their older stuff.
Anyways nightmare is my favorite too, so much emotion in it. And Save Me and Buried Alive are actually crazy good.

But yeah, heres a softer song you may like, (these guys are heavier, but they have a couple other songs like this) but they are basically my favorite band.

My favourite songs on Nightmare are Welcome to the Family and Fiction (makes me think of one of my favourite books, especially the 'not that I could . . . or that I would' and 'let it burn!' bits :confused:)

And about Erised . . .I like it, the solo at the end is pretty bada**!

And here we go, some more Linkin Park:
By Myself

Hit The Floor

And some A7X
Fiction

A Little Piece of Heaven
This clip can get a bit gory

Last edited:
Personally, I don't like metal that much, but some of it can be okay. Once you get to heavy metal, though, I'm out. I can stand "soft" metal. Death metal...:eek:

This is pretty mellow as well

Nothing says peaceful like a song about jack the ripper!

Last edited by a moderator:
Such drums, much fast, wow

Hellhammer (Dimmu Borgir ^) and George Kollias (Nile) is my top 2 drummers ever

Status
Not open for further replies.