• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Metal (Music)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleeding Me - Metallica and The San Francisco Symphony

Clairvoyant Disease - Avenged Sevenfold

Evanscence - Everybody's Fool

This band is actually a very small, and very underrated band from my area, so it would mean a lot to me if you checked them out (ive actually talked to them and kind of know them)

Anyway they categorize themselves as progressive metalcore, but i cant really compare them to any other bands as they sound very unique.

This is a really great Canadian band I discovered on bandcamp. They mash hardcore, sludge, doom and punkinto something that sounds like some sort of massive fight between awesomely-huge creature walking a path of fury and destruction.

Also going to tag on some cool Jazz/Metal stuff you guys might like.

Both these guys have albums out and I urge you to check them out. Jazz-metal kinda sounds like another pairing (rap-metal) but I assure you it's nowhere near that bad haha.

Another final thing I found was a cool list of posts on one of my favorite websites outside of metalsucks.net, metalinjection, where there's some posts by a guy called Greg Kennelty called bandcamp buried treasure. Mostly just underground/unheard of bands that are really good. I was talking with wolli about it earlier and I've downloaded about 85% of the stuff. You guys should check it out if you're looking for new bands/albums to listen to. (here's a link to the list: http://www.metalinjection.net/category/bandcamp-buried-treasure)

Last edited:
This thread has been quiet for a bit so I'm going to try and bring a bit of life back to it. What do you think of metal bands that incorporate unconventional instruments outside of the regular 4-5 guys with guitar/bass/drums/vocals?

I'll give you an example of a band that I enjoy that uses the keyboard as a primary instrument: The Ulex on their Album The Giant.

It might be a bit too prog/metal/djenty for some people but it gets the idea across. Are people for more different instruments or against it and why?

Also if you guys have no opinion on that we could talk about which is better instrumental vs vocal tracks in metal. Something like this track by Rook off of their Unfinity Album is completely instrumental and sounds great without them: . Versus something like this: Iron Maiden's - Fear of the Dark would be nothing without Bruce Dickinson's vocals. Discuss why you like one better than the other and why? You can always just post videos to demonstrate your point like, I like this type of music because this song put me onto it! haha, enjoy.

This thread has been quiet for a bit so I'm going to try and bring a bit of life back to it. What do you think of metal bands that incorporate unconventional instruments outside of the regular 4-5 guys with guitar/bass/drums/vocals?

I'll give you an example of a band that I enjoy that uses the keyboard as a primary instrument: The Ulex on their Album The Giant.

It might be a bit too prog/metal/djenty for some people but it gets the idea across. Are people for more different instruments or against it and why?

Also if you guys have no opinion on that we could talk about which is better instrumental vs vocal tracks in metal. Something like this track by Rook off of their Unfinity Album is completely instrumental and sounds great without them: . Versus something like this: Iron Maiden's - Fear of the Dark would be nothing without Bruce Dickinson's vocals. Discuss why you like one better than the other and why? You can always just post videos to demonstrate your point like, I like this type of music because this song put me onto it! haha, enjoy.

Im definitely a fan of different instruments being used in metal.
Not so much in when that instrument is the main focus of the song, but when it's used a little bit to "spice up" the song, i really enjoy it.
I honestly wish more bands would use other instruments. Only songs I can think of off the top of my head only use piano or strings (as in violin or cello) so not even that much variety there.

Now, in terms of instrumental vs vocals, i have to give a slight edge to music with vocals.
Although there are some Fantastic instrumental songs out there, i feel like vocals really do enhance the song, because they give it an extra dynamic, which I enjoy, as well as lyrics.

Here is a song by Chelsea grin, it sounds great as an instrumental and was intended to be one.

Now, here is the same song, but with some vocals that a fan decided to record over top, which in my honest opinion, improve the song.

Both versions are great though.

Any one else have any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.