• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Texture Suggestions

Nice idea @QuantaCube.

I think we should not put in on iron trapdoor as we need every normal trapdoor / half door to replace all the trapdoor itemblocks in Dol Amroth.

But as these cart wheels would probaby not be used too often we could put it on an itemblock.

Nice idea @QuantaCube.

I think we should not put in on iron trapdoor as we need every normal trapdoor / half door to replace all the trapdoor itemblocks in Dol Amroth.

But as these cart wheels would probaby not be used too often we could put it on an itemblock.
Maybe you can just have a window pane item textured as a wheel in an item frame. For some Eriador tb's I used to use a hobbit window pane in an item frame and it worked pretty well, would ofc look much better if it was a specified wheel texture.

Maybe you can just have a window pane item textured as a wheel in an item frame. For some Eriador tb's I used to use a hobbit window pane in an item frame and it worked pretty well, would ofc look much better if it was a specified wheel texture.
Itemframes with items in them actually causes more lag than itemblocks do from what I've heard.

The new gondor pack really doesen't need tudor textures. They could easily be moved to eriador pack (Bree could really use them for example).

Tudor textures are all "normal" blocks in the new gondor pack and they could use some of the much more needed "item" block textures, to reduce the item blocks.

Last edited:
Yes @Lindolas, removing tudor blocks from Gondor pack has been suggested before and it is not unlikely that we will do that.
But it will not help much with item blocks. Most item blocks are trapdoors, half slabs and other blocks with special hit boxes. Most (even all?) Tudor blocks are full blocks. Removing them will not free blocks which we can use for the most used item blocks.

They could be used for barrels, crates, stack of bottles for a wine cellar, some furniture,... stuff like that.
Yes, and I think we will do that. But there are not too many item blocks in Dol Amroth of these types. Here is an overview (about 3 weeks old):
"itemblock/barrel_wheat_half" 8
"itemblock/barrel_grapes_full" 9
"itemblock/barrel_onions_full" 9
"itemblock/barrel_potatoes_half" 11
"itemblock/barrel_tomatoes_half" 11
"itemblock/barrel_tomatoes_full" 11
"itemblock/barrel_apples_half" 12
"itemblock/barrel_wheat_full" 13
"itemblock/barrel_fish_half" 18
"itemblock/barrel_fish_full" 20
"itemblock/barrel_water_full" 20
"itemblock/barrel_potatoes_full" 23
"itemblock/barrel_apples_full" 23
"itemblock/barrel_water_half" 27
"itemblock/barrel_empty" 49
"itemblock/stool_wood" 133
"itemblock/small_barrel" 201
This list omits blocks with less than 8 placed of a kind. All the blocks in the list are about 600. At the time I made the list there were already more than 3600 blocks in Dol Amroth. So I suggest to replace the 3 to 5 most common to normal blocks. In this way we don't need to many normal blocks and reduce the amount of item blocks quite a lot.

Also, paintings are item blocks too and DA has a lot of them too, but not sure how heavy they are on the cpu compared to item frames and armorstands.

Yes, paintings and item frames are entities.
But we are using them everywhere in Gondor and other places and there wasn't problems with lag before Dol Amroth. In the end it's just the total number of Entities which causes the lag. I don't know the number of paintings and item frames, but I don't expect there are nearly as many as item blocks.

Yes, and I think we will do that. But there are not too many item blocks in Dol Amroth of these types. Here is an overview (about 3 weeks old):
"itemblock/barrel_wheat_half" 8
"itemblock/barrel_grapes_full" 9
"itemblock/barrel_onions_full" 9
"itemblock/barrel_potatoes_half" 11
"itemblock/barrel_tomatoes_half" 11
"itemblock/barrel_tomatoes_full" 11
"itemblock/barrel_apples_half" 12
"itemblock/barrel_wheat_full" 13
"itemblock/barrel_fish_half" 18
"itemblock/barrel_fish_full" 20
"itemblock/barrel_water_full" 20
"itemblock/barrel_potatoes_full" 23
"itemblock/barrel_apples_full" 23
"itemblock/barrel_water_half" 27
"itemblock/barrel_empty" 49
"itemblock/stool_wood" 133
"itemblock/small_barrel" 201
This list omits blocks with less than 8 placed of a kind. All the blocks in the list are about 600. At the time I made the list there were already more than 3600 blocks in Dol Amroth. So I suggest to replace the 3 to 5 most common to normal blocks. In this way we don't need to many normal blocks and reduce the amount of item blocks quite a lot.
Maybe u made the list after we were told to not use them and after lind and pat went on a hunt for them :)

Maybe u made the list after we were told to not use them and after lind and pat went on a hunt for them :)
I think the number of itemblocks have risen quite a bit since then (though I highly doubt it's even halfway back to how bad it used to be)

Yes, paintings and item frames are entities.
But we are using them everywhere in Gondor and other places and there wasn't problems with lag before Dol Amroth. In the end it's just the total number of Entities which causes the lag. I don't know the number of paintings and item frames, but I don't expect there are nearly as many as item blocks.
We have actually cut down a lot on the use of itemframes as sources on the internet says that they cause just as much lag as armorstands when empty and slightly more lag than armorstands when displaying something. I was gonna test this myself but forgot to do so.

Yes, the number of them gone up further. Me and Pat were clearing Cliff Town yesterday again. There were over 700 of them acording to the "warning on the screen". Still puzzled where are they hidding, because I've looked everywhere and only found a few. Maybe some of them are duplicates or invisible, I don't know.

Yes, the number of them gone up further. Me and Pat were clearing Cliff Town yesterday again. There were over 700 of them acording to the "warning on the screen". Still puzzled where are they hidding, because I've looked everywhere and only found a few. Maybe some of them are duplicates or invisible, I don't know.
The in-game warning counts everything within a 80 block radius sphere from the placed itemblock. Can't remember who told me this (it was a staff member, so much do I recall at least) nor do I remember whether he said it counts all entities in that area or specifically the Itemblocks only.

The in-game warning counts everything within a 80 block radius sphere from the placed itemblock. Can't remember who told me this (it was a staff member, so much do I recall at least) nor do I remember whether he said it counts all entities in that area or specifically the Itemblocks only.
That was me probably. :p The warning counts item blocks only. The default radius is 80 blocks.

I made 4 textures for thickets/forest undergrowth.
riparian_zone_thicket_light_nature_poplar_undergrowth_forest-782149.jpg!d
I was thinking maybe we could use two of the sugar cane blockstates for this, one for the base (thicker trunks and some plants) and one for the three alternative textures for above the base. Those three are seamless, so they can be shuffled in any order and you won't see the border.
upload_2017-10-5_17-25-15.png

Files:
Base:
upload_2017-10-5_17-25-36.png

Three upper textures:
upload_2017-10-5_17-26-18.png
upload_2017-10-5_17-26-26.png
upload_2017-10-5_17-26-33.png