• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Texture Suggestions

How do you imagine this though? Talking about getting inside the sewers. Using a full block would block it off obv. Why not just keep the trap doors, isn't this exactly the purpose of trap doors?

How do you imagine this though? Talking about getting inside the sewers. Using a full block would block it off obv. Why not just keep the trap doors, isn't this exactly the purpose of trap doors?
I can take a crack at that manhole. Pun intended. :) Im at work now bit ill give it a shot when i get home.
U could work with the new 1.13 pack, because there we have more trapdoors

could you create real railings?
Instead of using fences.
8471d0a976eb2c65606af2b46b027fd2.jpg
Unknown.jpeg
images.jpeg

For the urps, could we make the textures a bit brighter? At least for the terrain. Not a problem if you use shaders, but in vanilla, the current packs are a bit dark. At least to have the brightness levels of default.

The idea of URPS (unified resource pack structure) is not to change textures but put put textures like cobblestone that are used in all resource packs at the same block everywhere.

What I ment was just to make grass blocks and grass (and other plants so it all matches up) a bit brighter.

I was speaking of ingame brightness. I didn't even know it works for reduced light levels only :D

I never felt like plants are not bright enough. But it's worth a try ;)

Ye, ingame brightnes only effects dark levels. It's actually all the green stuff that makes it look a day time a bit darker, like a dark cloudy day. But if we change the grass color then probably we'll have to adjust the colors for grass, leaves, all the flowers, vines,... so it's all consitant. But it's not such a big deal, and no need to bother with it, if it would take too much time. :)

I made this texture 2 years ago, as a replacement of this ugly Moria cobweb texture, which is 128x128:

Edit: for clarification: the screenshot of the cave is Despot's old texture, and the texture below is mine.

Last edited:
Is this thread even used anymore? Either way, I have a suggestion to the texturing team. The detector rail textured as a rope in Gondor, Eriador, Rohan, Dwarven and Mordor pack (Lothlorien pack lacks this texture but have the regular rail textured as an elven rope) looks rather flat and even becomes completely invisible from certain angles so I was wondering if someone could make a model for it real quick so that it doesn't look like this?
From the side:
2020-01-16_19.33.42.png

From below:
2020-01-16_19.33.47.png

I thought about a rope model when I made textures for Gondor 2 RP. Would be simple for ropes in that screenshot. But things become complicated when you want to use them for stuff like tents. So we didn't implement it.

Still a good idea imo.

I thought about a rope model when I made textures for Gondor 2 RP. Would be simple for ropes in that screenshot. But things become complicated when you want to use them for stuff like tents. So we didn't implement it.

Still a good idea imo.
But tents use the slanted tracks. That's a different model is it not? And why not make those ropes 3d as well? All you'd have to do is angle the rope model (which I assume would just be a long thin cuboid) 45° and you have 3d slanted ropes as well.

Last edited: