• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The New Audio Book

What do you think of the New Audio Book idea?

• Good idea maybe have different people read and tour

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Perfect idea GG do it now Make it so

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Terrible idea don't do it or I'll track you down.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alas for not enough people have been willing to read, I shall have to read it all for my self this week but next week we could have enough, and definitely have the roles mentioned in the times.

Sorry, Minecraft has been acting up on me since Friday so I haven't been able to get on. I'll try to fix the issue come next week.

To celebrate Tolkien Reading Day this Saturday 25th March*, I am asking you the people of Minecraft Middle-Earth, to join me on discord in the Tours/events channel at 6PM GMT for some readings, hopefully from some of you, it can be anything Tolkien, your favourite line from Leaf by Niggle, your favourite lay from LOTR, your favourite riddle from Riddles in the dark. All I ask is this, keep it Tolkien, say if and what you are willing to read in this thread and why it is your favourite. If you want something read but don't want to or can't read it yourself then I will be willing to read it.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to 'see' you there.

P.S. The audio-book will be continuing at its regular time of 8PM GMT, with the chapters: A Journey in the Dark & The Bridge of Khazad-dûm.

* The day Frodo destroys the One Ring and completes the mission of The Fellowship.

Gollum destroyed the One Ring :p

The Return of the King - Mount Doom said:
'Precious, precious, precious!' Gollum cried. 'My Precious! Oh my Precious!' And with that, even as his eyes were lifted up to gloat on his prize, he stepped too far, toppled, wavered for a moment on the brink, and then with a shriek he fell. Out of the depths came his last wail Precious, and he was gone.
'Yes,' said Frodo. 'But do you remember Gandalf's words: Even Gollum may have something yet to do? But for him, Sam, I could not have destroyed the Ring. The Quest would have been in vain, even in the bitter end. So let us forgive him! For the Quest is achieved, and and now all is over. I'm glad you are here with me. Here at the end of all things, Sam.

We should have a special Themed-build for this day. A statue of Gollum :D

I would like to, but not sure if I will be there that early in the evening.

It goes on from 6PM to 8PM and there maybe some in the break between chapters in the audio-book. Good luck Eriol.

I would love to hear some lines out of "The History of Middleearth Vol3: The Lays of Beleriand". Even tho i have the book im afraid i wont be able to read it. Its already hard to read for native speakers (let alone foreign speakers), so I wont even try to live up to what this Tolkien-poems deserve.
Also the great lays are pretty long (Children of Hurin is more than 2200 verses and Beren and Luthien has more than 4000!) and unfinished (sadly).

But ya, i would realy love to hear one or two Cantos from that.