• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The New Audio Book

What do you think of the New Audio Book idea?

• Good idea maybe have different people read and tour

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Perfect idea GG do it now Make it so

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Terrible idea don't do it or I'll track you down.

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would love to hear some lines out of "The History of Middleearth Vol3: The Lays of Beleriand". Even tho i have the book im afraid i wont be able to read it. Its already hard to read for native speakers (let alone foreign speakers), so I wont even try to live up to what this Tolkien-poems deserve.
Also the great lays are pretty long (Children of Hurin is more than 2200 verses and Beren and Luthien has more than 4000!) and unfinished (sadly).

But ya, i would realy love to hear one or two Cantos from that.
Dadd, if you cant tell me exactly what you want to hear I'll give it a shot.

Dadd, if you cant tell me exactly what you want to hear I'll give it a shot.
I would like to hear either "The Lay of Leithian" The Cantos XIII and XIV (its where beren and luthien are in angband and escape with the silmaril until carcharoth bites off berens hand) but with the correction of the Recommenced Lay pls! xD

Or if thats too long (about 400 verses) maybe the story of "Gorlim Unhappy" how he betrayed Barahir in the Recommenced Lay (its Vers 199-340).

That are my two favorite parts of the story! :) ...well actualy its Beren standing before Thingol onehanded "showing" him, that he got the silmaril, but unfortunatly Tolkien never wrote the Lay this far :(

Edit: Wow... reading this now i guess im a nerd o_O

I would like to hear either "The Lay of Leithian" The Cantos XIII and XIV (its where beren and luthien are in angband and escape with the silmaril until carcharoth bites off berens hand) but with the correction of the Recommenced Lay pls! xD

Or if thats too long (about 400 verses) maybe the story of "Gorlim Unhappy" how he betrayed Barahir in the Recommenced Lay (its Vers 199-340).

That are my two favorite parts of the story! :) ...well actualy its Beren standing before Thingol onehanded "showing" him, that he got the silmaril, but unfortunatly Tolkien never wrote the Lay this far :(

Edit: Wow... reading this now i guess im a nerd o_O
Unfortunately I don't have the book but I should be able to find the Gorlim Unhappy on-line.

And welcome to the club, nerd.

400 verses :eek:

Happy Tolkien Reading Day everybody! Remember to join us later at 6pm GMT for some of people's favourite passages from Tolkien's novels. This year the theme is Poetry and Song, but I'm sure you can read any other thing by Tolkien, if you like.

The readings will take place in the order below (reader in bold) :

Sam's Rhyme of the Troll & The Tale of Beren and Luthien - J.R.R Tolkien
The Story of Gorlim Unhappy - TI
The Destruction of the Ring (ROTK) - Eriol (although if he's not there I will read it)
Elven Verses - Smaug
Treebeard's Song - Christopher Lee
The Songs of Tom Bombadil - The Tolkien Ensemble
Requests - Various members
The Audio-book - TI (during this Tolkien will read the song of Durin)

Last edited:
Sit by the firelight's glow
Tell us an old tale we know
Tell of adventures strange and rare
Never to change
Ever to share
Stories we tell will cast their spell
Now and for always

I am sorry to say that the audio-book will be delayed until 8:35pm BST tomorrow because that's when Doctor Who ends. Stupid football ruining everything :mad:.

This week I will be reading The Taming of Smeagol which is TTT book 4 chapter 1. Just got to get the voice down... Preciousss.

Since today is the 80th anniversary of The Hobbit first being published I thought would be a good day to officially announce that, after I finish The Lord of the Rings, The Audiobook will continue with The Hobbit.
I have also been given the idea of doing a Valentine's Day Special of sorts that would be a reading part of the Beren and Luthien book that was published recently, namely The Tale of Tinuviel, and if all goes to plan I may be able to get other people to help me with the reading... But I need to know if you guys would want it ;). The special would take place on the 11th of February, the Saturday before Valentine's Day because even though it's a lot to do in one go I'm not able to do The Audiobook on a Wednesday, sorry.

Last edited:
Since today is the 80th anniversary of The Hobbit first being published I thought would be a good day to officially announce that, after I finish The Lord of the Rings, The Audiobook will continue with The Hobbit.
I have also been given the idea of doing a Valentine's Day Special of sorts that would be a reading part of the Beren and Luthien book that was published recently, namely The Tale of Tinuviel, and if all goes to plan I may be able to get other people to help me with the reading... But I need to know if you guys would want it ;). The special would take place on the 11th of February, the Saturday before Valentine's Day because even though it's a lot to do in one go I'm not able to do The Audiobook on a Wednesday, sorry.
I look forward to hearing Beren woo Luthien with Uncle Mando's voice.