• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Who Last Saw The Ring? Event!

Who Last Saw the Ring?

Wow! Two whole weeks have gone by and still my Ring is lost. In retracing my steps a bit, another verse came to mind that might help you find it, although it didn't seem to improve *my* odds any.

Verse 3
Through Emyn Muil and peaks of steel,
A maze to wander, what is real?
And then to gate of blackened slate,
Past murky swamp and watery fate,
Where none could pass save kings of hate.
Where none could pass save kings of hate.

If you do happen to find my Ring, please message me on Discord (@DarthXander_GIRL ) along with a screenshot of where you found it!

Who Last Saw the Ring?

The Ring has now been gone three full weeks and I'm starting to go through the 5 stages of Denial. Hopefully I don't reach the "Acceptance" phase because as the late, great former Dark Lord knows, even thousands of years later it's still possible it could be found and brought back to me!

Verse 4

It never failed, behind he trailed,
Sneaking o'er hill and dale.
From Mirrormere to Golden Clear'
He tracked them, watched them, low he peered,
Silent, muttering, drawing near.

Silent, muttering, drawing near.

If you do happen to find my Ring, please message me on Discord (@DarthXander_GIRL ) along with a screenshot of where you found it!

Who Last Saw the Ring?

Ho, Ho my lads! You go, my lads! The things you hear when something Precious has been lost to you for so long. Alas! By this time my ring may be hopelessly gone to the œther, but I'll give it a few more days, and a final set of two clues. Maybe one of you will pull through, otherwise come next Monday, I'll have to set up a Memorial Day (hehe) for my once-prized, most valuable Ring.

Verse 5
For many years of wailing tears
He languished, banished from his peers.
'Neath Misty crags, now dressed in rags,
He brooded, fish and orcs he bagged,
Now wraith-like in his age, he lagged.
Now wraith-like in his age, he lagged.

Verse 6
They found at last, so near High Pass
The Ring that Gollum lost, alas!
'Neath rock and stone, in tunnel lone,
at secret entrance, Goblin Home.
Though mapped, 'tis not! You'll have to roam.
Though mapped, 'tis not! You'll have to roam.

1654012098898.png

Poster designed by @Pausi

Who Last Saw the Ring?

Hello again fair folk of MCME!
The Dark Lord requires your assistance, for he has lost the One Ring! You must scour the land to find it and report back to me on discord (TheStephen) if you find it, so I can verify it's genuine and definitely hand it back to Sauron.

A clue was left for you, so put your thinking caps (or hat of choice) on and get searching!

Clue 1:
Lost again is the mighty ring,
Take the road to the land of the king,
Across fen and field you must go,
On through the land where west winds blow.

Who Last Saw the Ring?
The Ring remains lost, but another clue has come to light. Perhaps this will help some of you find it?

Clue 2:
Through the mountains’ gap, setting forth
Seek the hidden ring, heading north.
Pray that those who know the land best,
Will come to guide you, on your quest.

Drop me a message on Discord if you do find it (TheStephen). Happy hunting!

Who Last Saw the Ring
One person has found the ring! Will you be next? Another clue is revealed below:

Clue 3:
Across the grass, the horses rode,
And drawing nearer, ravens crowed
Behold the wall of mighty trees
Wind through branches, like sighing seas.

Drop me a message on Discord if you do find it (TheStephen). Happy hunting

Who Last Saw the Ring?

Two have now found the lost ring, but fear not if you're still searching, for another clue has been left!

Clue 4:
Down in the dell in deep dark wood,
In the clearing, Onodrim stood,
Advice they gave, to mark your way:
Through the darkness, to light of day.

Drop me a message on Discord if you do find it (TheStephen). Happy hunting

Who Last Saw the Ring?
It is time for the final clue! Happy hunting folks, if memory serves me right, third place is still up for grabs. So get those maps out and get searching!

Clue 5:
Here an Ent guards the One that bound
Behind bright waters' it is found,
In the dingy cave, dark and drear
Sauron’s treasure is very near!

Message me on Discord (TheStephen) if you find it.
That's all from me folks, a new hunt awaits you next month. May the force be with you

Stoogring.png
Poster designed by @Pausi

Who Last Saw the Ring?

How did I lose the ring!
I have no idea but I feel like Gollum was involved, sneaky creature.
I need your help to find it again however I think he too has lost the ring because I heard him screaming about
something not long ago.
What a pitiful creature, losing his prized possession so many times.

Anyway I managed to get a clue out of him eventually!

Clue 1:
“Murderers and elf-friends!” the Great Goblin shouted.

“Slash them! Beat them! Bite them! Gnash them!
Take them away to dark holes full of snakes,
and never let them see the light again!”

Message me on Discord if you find it @Stoog#3599

Last edited:

Who Last Saw the Ring?

Still no update on the rings location but on the upside
I managed to get another clue out of that miserable Gollum.

Clue 2:
“Now they had bread and cheese, and plenty of ale, and bacon to toast in the embers of the fire.”

Who Last Saw the Ring?

A few of you have managed to find my Ring now I don't need to rely on Gollum to give you clues so here's another.

Clue 3:
‘Come, come!’ said Gandalf. ‘We are all friends here. Or should be; for the laughter of Mordor will be our only reward, if we quarrel. My errand is pressing. Here at least is my sword, goodman Háma. Keep it well...‘

Who Last Saw the Ring?

More of you have found my ring, but this is your last chance to find it, soon I shall collect it myself and return it to the safe care of the ring keeper.

Clue 4:
“I will give you a name,” he said to it, “and I shall call you Sting.”

Ardelaina_ring_hunt.png

(Poster by @Pausi as usual, thanks!)

Who Last Saw the Ring?

Friends, MCMErs, Countrymen, lend me your ears. I come bearing dismal tidings from the haruspex, who has contemplated the sheep entrails and found that the ring is once again missing! Who will recover it?

Fortunately, we have found a prophetic poem from some ancient tome of Numenor. It is written in an archaic form of Adunaic following the classical styles. We have the best scholars on it and we should be able to translate one couplet each week into a more modern Westron for you to use in your hunt!

Verse 1:

Swift flow the long, bitter years since light and warmth filled this proud house.
But now gone is that time. Fallen and bare lay its stones.

Good luck! If you find the ring, send a discord message over to me @Ardelenia#5814.

@Melkor_Belegurth

Who Last Saw the Ring?

We're back with another couplet of our ring prophecy for you. This next verse was difficult to translate but fortunately we found an ancient Numenorean dictionary in MPMC's freebuild library. We'd also like to shout out the Ironmere Krusty Krab for fueling some all-nighters in the office, and the Golden Perch for hosting our weekly verse completion party. Sorry about removing the roof and turning everything into fire (again)! Anyway...

Verse 2:
Once in the land of the king rose this bastion strong and commanding.
Its walls are crumbled and low; nature reclaims its domain.

One person has already found the ring after thoroughly scouring the map! Will the next be you?

Good luck! If you find the ring, send a discord message over to me @Ardelenia#5814.

Who Last Saw the Ring?

Hello once again, good people of MCME. The couplet we translated this week has proven quite interesting indeed. Finally, we are starting to narrow in on some locations! No one new has found the ring since last week. Go, go go! Race for second place!

Verse 3:
Standing above rolling fields, this sentinel guarded the roadway.
Past rode elves to their ports, dwarves to their deep-dolven halls.

Happy hunting! If you find the ring, send a discord message over to me @Ardelenia#5814.

Who Last Saw the Ring?

O players of MCME! The end of the month draws nigh, and only two people have yet found the ring! But take heart, because the couplet we have translated for you this week should greatly aid you in your quest. This poem displays a curious knowledge of Third Age geography for something supposedly written by ancient Numenoreans, don't you think? I wonder, maybe someone else wrote it and is trying to pass it off as original? ... Naw, couldn't be, must just be a mystical prophecy. (looks around nervously)

Verse 4:
Found in a country sparse and unkempt near forest primeval,
Lands between farthing and Hill now without ruler or throne.

Who Last Saw the Ring?

As August draws to a close, so does our ancient poem. This is the last couplet. Hopefully it helps! It doesn't seem to add that much information, but perhaps it can yet shed some light on your search – or lack of light, as the case may be. I'm happy to say more people have found the ring, but you too can still find it and earn yourself a ping!

Verse 5:
There lies the ring in darkness buried as memories faded,
There where the waters now pool, flowing, the long, bitter tears.

And with that concluded, the Adunaic translation team done with their work. And out of a job. Please message me @Ardelenia#5814 if you find the ring or if you have further employment opportunities... please... will work for food...

PS: If it would help to read the whole thing together, here it is again.
Swift flow the long, bitter years since light and warmth filled this proud house.
But now gone is that time. Fallen and bare lay its stones.

Once in the land of the king rose this bastion strong and commanding.
Its walls are crumbled and low; nature reclaims its domain.

Standing above rolling fields, this sentinel guarded the roadway.
Past rode elves to their ports, dwarves to their deep-dolven halls.

Found in a country sparse and unkempt near forest primeval,
Lands between farthing and Hill now without ruler or throne.

There lies the ring in darkness buried as memories faded,
There where the waters now pool, flowing, the long, bitter tears.

Green1.png

(Poster by @Pausi )

Who Last Saw The Ring?

One... Two... Three.. Four-

Oh! Hello there! Caught me at a bad time, just doing some push-ups, apparently... Anyway, yes, time for another ring hunt again! I had so much joy back in February watching you all suffer that I just had to come back again for more! Got another fun one for you to rack your brains with, so best of luck, you will need it! Without further waffle, let's get into it!

Clue 1:
In a time before the men of stone came, dwelt a people of old.

Let the games begin! And if you find the ring, be sure to drop me message in-game or on discord at Green#1508 - Over and out! Now where was I?
Eighteen... Nineteen... Twenty...

Who Last Saw The Ring?

Eighty Four... Eighty Five... Eighty Si-

Oh gosh, it's that time of the week again? I need to be a bit more prepared, this is unprofessional of me. But too late to stop now. Time for another clue! Nobody has found the ring yet, which isn't surprising because that last hint was mean and i've heard every theory under the sun for what it means. Perhaps this second clue will shed some light on the situation and point you in the right direction. Let's go!

Clue 2:
Then great walls were erected, and many crops were sown, and their lands shrunk.

As clueless as before? Good! That means i'm doing my job right. As usual, pop me a message on discord at Green#1508 - Happy hunting!

One hundred and Twelve.... One hundred and Thirteen...

Who Last Saw The Ring?

Six Hundred and Fifty Four.... Six Hundred and Fifty Five... Six Hun-

Huh? Yes, i'm still going, what do you want? Oh more clues? Fine, but you're really pushing your luck now. You better hurry up and find it because my patience is growing thin. Not a single one of your has found it yet, so I might have to start prodding you. Here it is, listen wisely:

Clue 3:
But from the land of the sun they returned, to aid those who pushed them under the mountain shadow.

Now if thats not enough to give you ideas then I don't know what is! If you find it, pop me a message on discord Green=1508 - Go find it, go!

Four thousand and-...