• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Matt's Texture Dev Topic

My proposal is same as glove said, but maybe it being slower? Also, the books said it was less green (only parts of it green because of moss) and more like a bleached loathsome yellow-white bone color, kinda desaturated, but with a yellow-green look to it :)

it should be sickly, but not bright foam green like in the movie.
(just different words for what wheellee said)

"A corpse light, a light that illuminated nothing."

The bricks I am using currently are exactly the same texture as in the Gondor pack.

Also - where is the moss? Why is there a yellow-white bone colour? This sister-city of Minas Anor (and the greatest of the two) once shone with the light of the moon.

I could make a second texture with rust from the orc fortifications?

hmm, yes, but the books never really mentioned green lighting. When i think of a corpse light, i think some color related to bone and darkness.

I like the idea, and i would push for that on redstone lamp (on). Because then it can emit light as well. But like you said its only 8 frames at the moment, i'd love to see a smoother one.
Also, if we use a redstone lamp, then we can do something like making the bottom half of the wall out of lit ones and the top half unlit, to get the sort of half-lit effect you see in the movie.

@wheelleee The term 'corpse light' is not defined or explained. Thus it is open to interpretation. The green light from the movies was meant to look sickly and rotting, and i think it achieved that quite nicely. I really dont see any major reason to deviate, since a) it looks cool in the movies b) more people will recognize it and c) it's not against the lore.

The books also described it as being beautiful and glistening with moonlight from a distance with the corpse light only being visible from a closer range of view. Also, the movies made the corpse light emit from the stream up onto the walls, while in the books it was perched upon a cliff with a fortified winding path down the cliff to the bridge, many meters below :p....

I'm basing my findings off the rough draft as well, I imagined it close to the movies too, just with a winding path up to the entrance, and Mina's morgul perched on a cliff......if ya look at every book cover showing Mina's morgul before the movies came out, it's got a winding path going up to the city from the bridge. The movies shortened it so the bridge leads straight to the gate for cinematic reasons :p

Apple Tree Leaves
It will be replacing the Dark Oak Leaf texture. Gallery. Is this good to be submitted?
Htjsv6x.png

What does tbh stand for?
1vS1XAT.png

I now have a better screenshot showing its use in game. =D Gallery. Not all the leaf blocks on a tree should be the apple tree texture. The leaf blocks used in this tree are oak and big oak.

Reactions: B_n
1) tbh stands for "to be honest". because we all think arcus is lying apparently.
2) I really love the texture for the apples themselves, especially how they match up with the apple item texture
3) I agree with arc's first comment. in my opinion (imo), the apples look kind of slightly strange mixed in with the normal leaf blocks, because they are so clumped. Perhaps you could remedy this by having less apples, and then making the remaining apples very spread out on the block.

Also, another suggestion, needing approval first (possibly @wodleth ?). I think olive trees could have fruit too, also since olive trees have different leaves than oak (although it is pixels so maybe not too much difference can be made). But, if we don't want olives on our olive trees, or if acacia leaves (or if there are even more i'm forgetting) have a different purpose, forget this.

I love olives! =D

The design of the apple tree is that there are branches, and the apples hang off close to the branch. Like this:

o 0 O O
------------------------------
O O O

Link to a close-up picture of an apple tree.

I have two branches in my texture and I cannot fit any more into my design. However - I forgot I was going to cover some of the apples with leaves, so I'll do that after my work is done today. =D