• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

The MCME Times

The MCME Times
The 11th Cometh! Here We Go Again! Editor's Note by Mapthor You know, this time last year I was stressing over the anniversary video. Damn, time flies because that felt like yesterday. Anyways, welcome back to The MCME Times. Our server’s anniversary is upon us once more so I want to take this time to thank everyone for their hard work and contribution to MCME over the past year. We could not have gotten this far without you. Whether you're creating music, designing Moria Halls, leading tours, editing videos, or even taking part in jobs as a commoner, your time and dedication is greatly appreciated. Here’s to another year of MCME! Happy Sailing Mapthor ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien - Lead: @draonic_slayer | In Progress Report by...
Chief, it’s time to wake up The new Mods are here! Editor's Note by mapthor Hello again and welcome back to The MCME Times! What happened the past two weeks? Well, we got yet another musical score from the music team, Shen and w0rld finally got promoted to mod after who knows how long, and Smaug still hasn’t made an announcement post about them. Just another fortnight on the server, nothing too spectacular. But you know what is spectacular? Next month. October is a special month of the year for MCME because on the 10th, MCME will be turning 11 years old! It’s crazy that we’re still kicking. But anyways, we’ll be hosting a bunch of events as well as the iconic Anniversary Ceremony. Be there or be squared. Anyways, that’s all my stuff...
You got Tiktok on yo phone! ’cause I got Tiktok on my phone! Editor's Note by Mapthor Welcome back ladies and gentlemen, to The MCME Times! These past two weeks, especially this week, have been full of surprises! First off, Music Team is back with a new theme for Rivendell, some people couldn’t find the Ring because there were three posts in #news about finding the damn thing, and TikTok slapped us in the face. As of now, it’s still blowing up with almost 1 million likes and over 4 million views (Check it out for yourself down below). It’s kinda crazy how fast things can blow up on social media. Anyways, that’s the news recap. Hope you enjoy this brand new edition of the Times :D Happy Sailing, Mapthor ~ Project Progress ~...
Textures and Videos! Duke didn’t “no texture” the pack this time! Editor's Note by Mapthor G’day! Welcome back to the MCME Times! It’s been a hot minute since we last spoke, but that’s what college will do to ya. Anyways, the news! We got a brand new texture update, Effie rolled out a stunning new video with a clickbait thumbnail, and another Guide stepped down. Truly intriguing times here on Minecraft Middle-Earth! Hope you enjoy :) Happy Sailing, Mapthor ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien - Lead: @draonic_slayer | In Progress Report by Draonic_Slayer Another 2 weeks go by in Anorien. More of the Pelennor has been built, with the fields finally passing the great gates of Minas Tirith. Additionally, more of the farmland has been...
Revamp Time! But sadly not Breevamp 2k21 Editor's Note by Mapthor Looks like it's time for round 3 of Mapthor's MCME Times journey. But hey, it's whatever. The past two weeks have been spicy to say the least. We saw the ending of the Summer Events, a brand new revamp announcement, and some actual promotions after weeks of having none. I don't wanna spoil too much, so you'll have to read this edition to find out more. What I will talk about though is shameless self-promotion. Next week, a brand new mapthor video will drop regarding the most recent Summer Events. If you thought last years video was long, just you wait because this might be longer. I'm not sure, I'm just guessing. Anyways, hope you enjoy this edition and I'll see you in...
Delays! But the show must go on! Editor's Note by Mapthor G’day mates, and welcome back to another edition of The MCME Times. So I’m currently typing this at a grad party that I can’t escape, but I gotta do my job or else Shen will mald. So let’s get my job done, shall we? Tonight on our Minecraft server: Givet pushes back the Summer Events, I go insane building the Mini Middle-Earth race, and Effie exports the 15th edition of the newest YouTube Showcase. All of this and more on The MCME Times! Happy Sailing, Mapthor ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien - Lead: @draonic_slayer | In Progress Report by Draonic_Slayer Big progress in Pelennor Fields with the last of the old buildings being removed and the terrain underneath it being hand...
Lettuce Be Thankful! Also, It's Coming Rome! Editor's Note by Mapthor Well here we are again. It’s always such a pleasure to post The Times once more for you all. As of today, I’m happy to announce the kickoff of the Summer Events! Long in the making, the games have officially been kicked off with a stunning opening ceremony in Lettuce Land. We also had the skin contest right after which I can’t really speak on since I had to leave right before it happened. Regardless, there are plenty of events to participate in over the next week or two, so come on out and participate! Hope you enjoy the Mapthor Times Edition Part 2 :D Happy Sailing, Mapthor ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien - Lead: @draonic_slayer | In Progress Report by...
Texturing Tuesday! But on a Sunday! Editor's Note by Mapthor Welp, it’s time for another Editor’s Note. I’m currently on vacation so I thought Shen would give me a week off but I guess not. Anyways, onto the news. The cats out of the bag and the Summer Events have officially been announced! We got one hell of a line this year and let me tell ya, Mini Middle-Earth is gonna be a banger. Granted we only have 10% of it done, it’s gonna be a banger. In the meantime, get lost in the new textures put out by Toti and Company and I’ll see you all in the next one. Happy Sailing, Mapthor ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien - Lead: @draonic_slayer | In Progress Report by draonic_slayer Progress has been smooth in the Pelennor. More of the older...
The Knockoff Edition! Mapthor Takes Over the Times! Editor's Note by Mapthor Well here we are. After months of typing up the Editor's Note for months, I finally get the chance to lead my own Times Edition! Shen is on vacation right now so he put me in charge of this, so sorry if I miss it up somehow. Regardless, lets get right into the news why don't we! Toti and Mershy held their last Texturing Workshop, Luk put out a new video for the Youtube channel, and the MCME3 watch parties are in full swing. It's safe to say that there are too many events going on right now for me to handle. You also know what is too much for me to handle? Putting together the Times. All this formatting is hurting my head. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this...
Voice Chat Shenanigans! I’ve used over 100 gigs on Discord this month -Map Editor's Note by Mapthor G’day mates, welcome back to the MCME Times! Gonna be honest with you all here, I’m not entirely sure what’s been going on the past two weeks. I’ve been off MCME playing other games so I haven’t been paying too much attention. Regardless, that won’t stop me from reading #news and recapping what happened! First off, we lost our good friend Mithrilled from the Mod Team. It’s a shame to see you go, I’ll miss you buddy :(. Next up, Q failed to give the server hard drive some steroids so the update got pushed back to early June. And lastly, a new theme build! All in all, it’s been pretty slow, hopefully it’ll speed up soon. Until then, all...
May Madness! Moria Pack Go Brrrrrrr! Editor's Note by mapthor Good day mates, it’s Mapthor back for another Editor’s Note. We’re halfway through May and we’ve gotten a lot of things done so far. Toti held a modeling workshop today, Music Team dropped another banger track on YouTube, and Effie got Foreman after a 4 and a half hour trial job. Gotta love the dedication of our team members, it’s just stunning. Speaking of stunning, have you guys seen the new Moria Texture Update? It’s just beautiful isn’t it? 10/10 would use OptiFine again! Happy Sailing, Mapthor ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien - Lead: @draonic_slayer | In Progress Report by draonic_slayer Not much to report about for the main body of Anorien, the majority of the work...
Map Refuses to Make the Times Title! But Shen couldn't think of one so Map had to do it anyway! Editor's Note by Mapthor Howdy MCME, it’s your boy Mapthor back for another Editor’s Note. Ever since Events ended, work has been back to normal for everyone. Sevy and Company produced another Tour video for the YouTube channel, Mershy and Toti hosted a texturing workshop hoping to gain some more workers, and Soarz wants Shen to buy him some Orbeez. Don’t ask why, just roll with it. Regardless, we got some cool stuff on the horizon. New revamps being worked on, new textures being painted, new everything! Also, E3 is next month and the hype train is just getting started. We might even have some watch parties, but who knows :) Happy...
Farewell Events, Hello Building! Ready to smooth some terrain? Editor's Note by Mapthor Howdy howdy gamers! Welcome back to the MCME Times! As of the day I’m writing this, the Easter Events have finally concluded and all’s good in the world. We had an outstanding Easter Egg Hunt, some very interesting Lore Hours, and I think the longest parkour event ever held on the server. Thank you all for coming out this year and supporting MCME Events. It means the world to the people who make these events for you to take time out of your day and screw around with us. With that all said and done, building will be back in full swing and events will take the backseat until this Summer. And you best be ready for the Summer Events because oh boy it’s...
THE LAST TIMES EDITION!!!!!! GONE WRONG!!!!!!! April Fools lol Editor's Note by Mapthor and Soarz Hello. It’s your boi Soarz, helping Mapthor write his Editor’s Note at 2:50 AM EST on Saturday night. Hope you’re doing well. Heard about your new video, pretty clean if I do say so myself. Shoutout to my boi Givet for the mega promotion. You got big shoes to fill because I’m an egoistic person. Leaving MCME hasn’t helped my college. I still procrastinate the same amount, probably more. But it’s ok, we still livin' out here. So I’m in a voice call with Soarz right now and we just lost a game of Rocket League, and now he’s all mad at me and stole my Editor’s Note. This guy is saltier than the Dead Sea. Anyways, we got some good stuff...
Spring is in the Air! It got up to like 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21 degrees Celsius) here (Nebraska) today, that’s hot! Editor's Note by Mapthor Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen and welcome back to the most prestigious newspaper of all time, the MCME Times. Wall Street Journal? New York Times? Never heard of ‘em. Anyways, onto the news. The past two weeks have been…. really quiet to be honest with ya. Events Team got its official start up with Arch spearheading the Easter Events, the Aussie Edition of the Podcast was dropped, and Mershy kept shilling Yorkshire Tea in his Instagram interview. I really don’t understand the craze over tea, it’s just boiled water with more steps. I should probably shut up before more people get on my...
The Dawn of a New Era! Shen takes over the Times! Editor's Note by Mapthor So it has come to my attention that this Edition has no Editor’s Note. 12 hours till release and Shen didn’t bother to add a note, smh my head. Anyways, let’s recap the past two weeks shall we? As of the day I’m writing this, the Reunion Team hosted the outstandingly drunk MCME Reunion. Tunnels were dug, questions were answered, and celebrities were paid to talk about Minecraft. Despite that, we got a few new Guides to add to the workforce, a brand-spanking-new server video, and the new Events Team is up and running. Keep an eye out in the next few weeks for our upcoming Easter Events, as well and more surprises to come :) Happy sailing, Mapthor ~ Project...
The Good Ole Times! A Managers Tale! Editor's Note by mapthor Ladies and Gentlemen, this is it. The final Time's Edition under Manager Soarz. While most of you won't care about this, I just wanted to throw it out there for historical purposes. Anyways, onto the news. We've got a whole load of new promotions that past few weeks, another quality .mp4 from the Video Team, and the largest edition of the MCME Podcast ever recorded. Also, good old Mojang is hitting us with an increased build limit which means MCME is going to new heights in the next few months or whenever that update drops. But let's not worry about the future, we got to focus on the present because before we know it, everything will fly by while we're having a good time...
MCME Valentine! Find yourself a special someone! Editor's Note by Soarz Welcome back to another lovely edition of the MCME Times. The new year has been a delight for MCME and for many it’s a fresh start. I hope everyone is doing awesome, and I'm happy to present to you the first February edition. Let me know down in the comments how you are doing. With that said, sit back and grab that cup of Yorkshire Tea, and let's dive into this week's edition of the MCME Times. ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien - Lead: @draonic_slayer | In Progress Report by draonic_slayer Progress on Anorien has slowed down over the past weeks, with the main bulk of work being completed in the past weeks, and the last few details slowly getting ironed out on the...
Bright Future Ahead! At least its not 2020! Editor's Note by Soarz Welcome back to another edition of the MCME times!! Over the past two weeks many things have started up or continued to progress. A Few of these would be event planning for the future times, and texture packs that will be released in a later date. We hope you enjoy this edition and make sure to get your cupa Yorkshire tea, sit back and have a good read. ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien - Lead: @draonic_slayer | In Progress Report by draonic_slayer Progress on the Rammas Echor has been massive. With multiple plots being handed out and completed the block mixing, vegetation and gradient has been applied to the base structure of the wall. Huge thanks to all who have...
New Year! New mcME! Editor's Note by Soarz Welcome back to our first 2021 edition of the MCME Times!! As MCME transitions around us and projects get started and finished, we adapt to help inform you on all things project. We try and bring consistently high quality content and information to our readers. Moving into this new year make sure to do your best at anything you do and the most of all make sure you are having fun!! On behalf of the Times Team, i hope you enjoy your stay!!!! ~ Project Progress ~ Anorien - Lead: @draonic_slayer | In Progress Report by Draonic Slayer To start us off, Xmine has been finishing rivers, also the base vegetation for the plains where added and the basic structure for the rammaa echor was...