• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

Finished Misty Mountains [Part 1 - Mountains of Moria]

here's an example of what i'm talking about: <uploading screenshots doesn't seem to work>

i was going to show how it's nigh impossible to tell from the screenshots what it is that i'm trying to point out. but even just trying to upload the screenshots generates an error. even if it worked properly, it's 10x more trouble than just dropping blocks. and yes, my example is in the misty mountains, near where the high road from rivendell ends.

(upload pics via minus.com or imgur.com and then insert image with URL)
For the High Pass Road I agree that there are some weird parts. Expect the area being remade eventually to at some time get a uniform terrain style as being developped around moria east gate atm.

here's an example of what i'm talking about: <uploading screenshots doesn't seem to work>

i was going to show how it's nigh impossible to tell from the screenshots what it is that i'm trying to point out. but even just trying to upload the screenshots generates an error. even if it worked properly, it's 10x more trouble than just dropping blocks. and yes, my example is in the misty mountains, near where the high road from rivendell ends.
See Finrod's post above me, if you haven't already.

No matter how much arguing you try to do, you will still have to use screenshots. I don't think there has ever been any thought of giving adventurers permissions to place certain blocks, and I don't think there will be any time soon. Screenshots work fine anyway;)

UPDATE TIME!
aPZwnO5.jpg

First of all a great thank you to all persons that helped me in the last weeks, all the advenurers for helping doing the roads and bushes, the artists for the patience on making countless glaciers and our new staff members @oth0116, @DSESGH and @jcw2003 for their voxelling help.

The Redhorn pass is now fully done, warp to /warp moria east gate, /warp mirrormere or /warp redhorn gate to check it out!
The new textures (1 Stone texture and two flower textures) should hopefully be added soon to Loth and Eriador pack.

All great suggestions (Beorning toll stations, Watcher in the Water, Nazgûl tomb) have been added to the Overall Project list, though theres no guarantee yet that they will be added; in the end @Credoo will have the last word here.

For the Durins Crown reflection: If I remember correctly only Durin himself saw the crown and Gimli and Frodo and all other People could not. Thus I won't do it as it'd be against the lore then. However thanks for the great idea.
For all: If you have any idea what could be added: As Long as its not against the lore it can be considered and i'd really like having some stuff that makes the mountains more interesting.

Next I'll most likely tackle the area around Moria West Gate, so keep an eye open on that area ;)

Lastly a huge thankyou to all people's positive feedback to my work, this is really helpful!!

I would suggest some lumberjack camps, some alms or ruined mountains village or maybe a very small vilage

Reactions: B_n
For the Durins Crown reflection: If I remember correctly only Durin himself saw the crown and Gimli and Frodo and all other People could not. Thus I won't do it as it'd be against the lore then. However thanks for the great idea.
The description of that scene seemed to very strongly suggest that Frodo and Gimli (or at least Frodo) saw the crown, although Sam (who tagged along uninvited as usual) didn't see anything. Regardless, we know that Durin saw the crown, so I think it'd be a fun Easter egg no matter who else did or didn't.

But enough about random minutiae, I need to do some beautiful mountain hiking!

You just forgot the Fellowhip's footprints ;) . But great job anyway :) ! Any idea of when the ressource pack update will be released? Cause the new blocks currently looks like grey stained clay and it's pretty ugly :( ...

UPDATE TIME!
aPZwnO5.jpg

First of all a great thank you to all persons that helped me in the last weeks, all the advenurers for helping doing the roads and bushes, the artists for the patience on making countless glaciers and our new staff members @oth0116, @DSESGH and @jcw2003 for their voxelling help.

The Redhorn pass is now fully done, warp to /warp moria east gate, /warp mirrormere or /warp redhorn gate to check it out!
The new textures (1 Stone texture and two flower textures) should hopefully be added soon to Loth and Eriador pack.

All great suggestions (Beorning toll stations, Watcher in the Water, Nazgûl tomb) have been added to the Overall Project list, though theres no guarantee yet that they will be added; in the end @Credoo will have the last word here.

For all: If you have any idea what could be added: As Long as its not against the lore it can be considered and i'd really like having some stuff that makes the mountains more interesting.

Next I'll most likely tackle the area around Moria West Gate, so keep an eye open on that area ;)

Lastly a huge thankyou to all people's positive feedback to my work, this is really helpful!!
You guys have probably already thought of this, but if you are going to use the "Moria in a separate area idea" and warp to it, you should make the doors invisible, as they probably wouldn't have been opened without the password at the exact date of Bilbo's Birthday.

The description of that scene seemed to very strongly suggest that Frodo and Gimli (or at least Frodo) saw the crown, although Sam (who tagged along uninvited as usual) didn't see anything. Regardless, we know that Durin saw the crown, so I think it'd be a fun Easter egg no matter who else did or didn't.

But enough about random minutiae, I need to do some beautiful mountain hiking!
I will grab the book again somewhen when its not midnight and i gtg sleeping :p

You just forgot the Fellowhip's footprints ;) . But great job anyway :) ! Any idea of when the ressource pack update will be released? Cause the new blocks currently looks like grey stained clay and it's pretty ugly :( ...
For the footprints I first have to sort out where to lead em through cuz the constellation of Pass / Moria and the Hollin Ridge + Hill where they were attacked by wargs is rather unlucky atm, ill see what can be done.
The RP update I did lay into the good hands of @SugarKoala and I'm sure we'll get our hands onto the updated packs soon(TM)

I would suggest some lumberjack camps, some alms or ruined mountains village or maybe a very small vilage
There will be Dunland where over the course of the 3rd age all hobbits, dwarves and men settled for some periods of time. Other settlements may be considered but for sure nowhere in a greater extent.
Lumberjack camps were mainly a topic when the Númenóreans got all the wood for their ships n stuff in the second Age, around 5000 years before our server time. You can guess how a wooden hut looks like after that much time.

You guys have probably already thought of this, but if you are going to use the "Moria in a separate area idea" and warp to it, you should make the doors invisible, as they probably wouldn't have been opened without the password at the exact date of Bilbo's Birthday.
The off-area solution will be done at a chance of 99.99% percent, though nowhere officially stated yet this is pretty much decided so far. For all other things concerning Moria, including the final shape of its gates, we'll have to be patient until the project is tackled (btw dont wanna burst anyones excpectations, but among staff theres literally nothing planned on Moria yet, but stay hyped for it nevertheless!)

I found a leftover color code in a zone that seemed finished, but it could have already been removed :) :
1415146329-2014-10-05-19-27-51.png

I found a leftover color code in a zone that seemed finished, but it could have already been removed :) :
1415146329-2014-10-05-19-27-51.png
That was mine, and it has since been removed. In the future, you may want to check before posting an old image. I think that is at least 3 or 4 weeks old;)

It's not a problem though, just mentioning it.

The off-area solution will be done at a chance of 99.99% percent, though nowhere officially stated yet this is pretty much decided so far. For all other things concerning Moria, including the final shape of its gates, we'll have to be patient until the project is tackled (btw dont wanna burst anyones excpectations, but among staff theres literally nothing planned on Moria yet, but stay hyped for it nevertheless!)
Oh, don't worry about us staying hyped.
That is a guarantee my friend!