• Welcome to MCME!

Minecraft Middle Earth is a Minecraft community that recreates the world described by JRR Tolkien and his writings. Everyone can participate in organized events in which we collaborate to create major landmarks, terrain, caves, castles, towns, farms and more.

To get started, visit The New Player Guide

Joining the server

Joining the server can be done straight away, but you will have to pass the New Player Quiz. Use the The New Player Guide to get acquainted with our community.

IP: build.mcmiddleearth.com

• Did you know you can upload your screenshots to your own Media section?.You can get ratings and comments on the uploaded material!

Texture Suggestions

@Milwargen could you try changing the settings for your bundled log textures you uploaded to the media? It tells me I dont have the rights to watch them

Here is the current version. As you can see, I've used the oak log texture for the sides, to keep the graphical integrity. I did this just to see how it is to make textures in MC as I have never done it before. Should you want to use it, let me know. =)

Edit: The color difference have been corrected, but didn't bother to upload another screenshot.

View attachment 6895
would it be possible to add some of this brighter wood at the sides aswell? feel like that would improve the look of it, cuz its quite hard to pile wood so you just have the bark on the outside.

would it be possible to add some of this brighter wood at the sides aswell? feel like that would improve the look of it, cuz its quite hard to pile wood so you just have the bark on the outside.

I don''t think altering it a bit should be a huge problem to achive

Need a white/grayish plank texture for ship hulls @Milwargen

1761294-weathered-painted-white-wooden-plank.jpg

Filename: Sandstone
Resource Pack and Location: Gondor (Everywhere?), for more realistic looking Dol Amroth Houses
Texture Description: Faded and cracked Sandstone variation, like stone in Moria pack.
Reference Images:
10014.jpg

Moria RP Idea
maybe with moria been abandoned a worn away/ ripped flag banners ?

Attachments

• aa5b9970e7f108055d31901558265c7f.jpg
    aa5b9970e7f108055d31901558265c7f.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 451
For the roofs of buildings e.g. Bree, where wooden planks are used, could there be some variants of stairs where the screws may be jumbled up slightly or a slight vary in colour tone? Because the roofs look very plain and no variation, just a suggestion

For the roofs of buildings e.g. Bree, where wooden planks are used, could there be some variants of stairs where the screws may be jumbled up slightly or a slight vary in colour tone? Because the roofs look very plain and no variation, just a suggestion
That would be randomized block varians. We're working on creating the matching textures for the reasonable blocks.

This is just a suggestion but you could re texture end rods into something else, i had an idea where you could re texture end rods to be wooden, like bark so they could be used for extra detailing on trees and decoration such as lampshades and sign posts. Maybe in the eriador texture pack since its still the same as it is in vanilla minecraft. But i understand if you cant do this, anyway it doesn't matter cause i don't need to use it right now but its just an idea for more detail. Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:
This is just a suggestion but you could re texture end rods into something else, i had an idea where you could re texture end rods to be wooden, like bark so they could be used for extra detailing on trees and decoration such as lampshade sign post. Maybe in the eriador texture pack since its still the same as it is in vanilla minecraft. But i understand if you cant do this, anyway it doesn't matter cause i don't need to use it right now but its just an idea for more detail. Thanks for reading :)
So basically wooden endrods?